Up to two scholarships are available for International applicants applying for a PhD in the International Business Department within the Leeds University Business School.
As a world-leading unit for international business, we produce outstanding and impactful research. Drawing upon our research and scholarship, we provide students with an exceptional educational experience and the opportunity to develop skills and capabilities to compete in, and contribute, to international academics and the global economy. Our research and teaching add continuous and sustainable value to business and society.
About Leeds University Business School
The University of Leeds is a redbrick university located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Originally named the Yorkshire College of Science and later simply the Yorkshire College, it incorporated the Leeds School of Medicine and became part of the federal Victoria University alongside Owens College (which eventually became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool (which became the University of Liverpool).
Aim and Benefits of Leeds University Business School Scholarships
- Award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,609)
Requirements for Leeds University Business School Scholarships Qualification
To be considered for the Business School Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have obtained a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must hold a British Master’s degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university) or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 70% (or the equivalent at a non-UK institution) at Master’s degree level.
- Must possess a minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate study in the Leeds University Business School which is an IELTS with 0 overall and at least 6.0 in each component.
April 1, 2022
How to Apply
Stage 1: First, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. You will be expected to meet our eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English. Once you have received your student ID number (a 9-digit number), move onto stage 2.
Stage 2: Apply for the Leeds University Business School International Business Department scholarship by working your way through the scholarship application form. You must submit your scholarship application by 12:00pm on Friday 1st April 2022.
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements (below).
As an international research-intensive university, we welcome students from all walks of life and from across the world. We foster an inclusive environment where all can flourish and prosper, and we are proud of our strong commitment to student education. Within the Leeds University Business School, we are dedicated to diversifying our community and we welcome the unique contributions that individuals can bring, and particularly encourage applications from, but not limited to Black, Asian, people who belong to a minority ethnic community, people who identify as LGBT+; and people with disabilities. Applicants will always be selected based on merit and ability.