Netherlands permanent residence doesn’t come for free to anyone who wants to obtain it. There are prices to be made for this kind of residency. This permanent residency allows one to have an upper hand in getting another residence from a country that is part of the European Union. For someone who has lived in Netherlands for 5 years continuously can apply for this permanent residence. Examples of citizens who can apply for this permanent residence are those from Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein, because they are in the same economic area.
Advantages of obtaining a Netherlands Permanent Residence
There are benefits that are attached to this residency, and here they are:
1. Indefinite Residence in Netherlands:
An individual can stay in Netherlands like forever or a lifetime depending on the duration the person wants to stay there. Many people have used this as an avenue in making exploration in foreign countries where they reside.
2. Freedom on the Labour Market:
This permanent residency allows a foreigner to be employed by any employer in Netherlands. If there are any job opportunities that come up during the foreigner stay, and this makes he or she eligible to take part in it.
How to Apply for a Netherlands Permanent Residence
Any candidate who needs this must fill in an application form online and submit it back. In order to make it more concrete, one has to attach documents as evidence. Examples of these documents are as follows:
- Employment contract indicating the applicant has lived in Netherlands for straight 5 years, and this could come in the form of a health insurance certificate too.
- Residency documents for those whose countries are members of the European Union.
- Retiree evidence to show you have been employed as a worker in Netherlands.
- A valid identification passport.
- Evidence of bank account statement.
- A diploma as a civic integration student
- Sufficient and sustainable funds
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
This application can be submitted via DigiD. Before one can do this, they must have gotten a temporary residence permit. In spite of the fact, they submit their application for a permanent residency, the temporary is still valid. Then a fee will be sent on the amount they need to pay.
Netherlands Permanent Residence Fee
If a citizen is from the same European Union, Switzerland, or Turkey, there is a stipulated fee they will have to pay which is 57 EUR (63 USD). Then from people who are not up to 18 years, their fee is 30 EUR and it is approximately to (33 USD). There are other fees for those who want to renew their permanent residence, and it is still the same fee for both adults and children.